The beach of Hollywood is OPEN
From the City of Hollywood web site
City News Updates
Posted on: May 26, 2020
Beaches in Broward County Reopening Tuesday, May 26
Hollywood Beach Limited Reopening.
All beaches in Broward County are permitted to open as of 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday, May 26th per Broward County Emergency Order 20-13.
All persons utilizing the beaches in Broward must comply with the requirements listed in the guidelines below. Failure to comply with the requirements may result in penalties (civil or criminal) for violators and require beaches in Broward County be re-closed.
BEACHES IN BROWARD COUNTY LIMITED REOPENING GUIDELINES
All beaches in Broward County may reopen for limited ocean activities (such as surfing, swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, body surfing) as well as limited active recreation and exercise (such as walking, running, biking).
Beach Restrictions Per Broward County EO 20-13:
- Beach hours shall be limited to between sunrise and sunset.
- No picnicking, sunbathing, sitting, or lying on the beach.
- No umbrellas, canopies, chairs, loungers, or coolers allowed.
- No group or organized sports including, but not limited to, volleyball, soccer, or football.
- No group gathering or events of more than ten (10) individuals.
- Individuals must maintain a minimum six feet of physical distance from others at all times, except between members of the same household or group.
- Municipalities shall have the ability to enact more stringent requirements than set forth herein, and, as with all other aspects of this Emergency Order, municipalities are authorized to enforce the requirements of this Emergency Order.
André Rieu with Melissa Venema play TAPS – Il Silenzio with the background of the Alps near Munich