Aquarius Hallways Renovation Highlights
At the time of this post it is not possible to list the cost of the hallway renovation. In 2017 the Special Assessment had earmarked about one and a half million dollars for this project. The work started in May of 2020. The expected completion should be before Christmas of 2020. The current General Contractor JD Painting is in charge of most of the work with some exceptions, such as the controversial carpet installation.
This post has 3 photo galleries. The first one is of the Elevator Landings. The second is of the Apartment Door Details followed by a broader view of the hallways and light fixtures.
Elevators Landings click any picture for the slides show
Service elevator landing with porcelain tiles.
Personal elevators landing. Porcelain tiles floor
Apartment 06 door. Wide darker painted frame on white door. Wall facing elevator gets a lighter paint. Other walls are white.
Elevator landing ceiling lights on dark ceiling.
Lights of personal elevators landing. Ceiling painted with darker color.
Personal elevators landing. Elevators doors in dark color on white wall. Mirrors on the side of the door will not be reinstalled.
The New Look of the Doors of the Apartments click any picture for the slides show
Door of Apartment of Line 1
Door of Apartment of line 7 with new lock hardware.
Door of Apartment line 1
Door of Apartment line 8
New lock for main apartment doors
Door sample of apartment of line 4
Door sample apartment line 5
Lights Fixtures and other views click any picture for the slides show
Elevator landing ceiling lights on dark ceiling.
Porcelain tiles. Just imagine these tiles covering hallways. Wouldn’t it be much better than carpet?
Wall lights. Silver metal sconces
Silver metal wall décor
View from the East end to the elevators landing
Italian Grill at Aquarius
2751 S. Ocean Drive, Hollywood Fl 33019
Lunch Antipasto Insalata and Zuppa Pasta Carne and Pesci Steaks and Chops Wines
Acqua Bistro tel.: 954-589-1796
Check the reviews of Acqua Bistro: TripAdvisor Yelp Restaurantji RestaurantGuru
back to Aquarius Amenities
Hurricane ISAIAS Gets Close to South Florida
This post has four sections: (1)Orlando Sentinel, (2)Washington Post, (3) Opening Shutters concern, (4) Aquarius Management Office Documents concerning Hurricane Preparation
Hurricane Isaias prompts hurricane watch for parts of Florida east coast
Florida’s east coast communities were issued a hurricane watch Friday morning as Category 1 Hurricane Isaias continues its approach toward the Sunshine State with expectations it will begin riding up the coast Saturday afternoon.
The watch includes communities from Deerfield Beach northward to the Volusia-Brevard County line, the National Hurricane Center said in its 11 a.m. update. An earlier tropical storm watch from Key Largo to Sebastian Inlet has been turned into a tropical storm warning as well. Full Article HERE
Hurricane Isaias batters Bahamas as storm targets entire U.S. East Coast
July 31, 2020 at 1:58 p.m. EDT Washington Post
The storm could bring torrential rain, coastal flooding and strong winds to many parts of the Eastern Seaboard
Hurricane Isaias became 2020′s second Atlantic hurricane overnight Wednesday on its way to the Bahamas, which it has already begun to blast with drenching rain, strong winds and ocean surge. The storm is now poised to ride up the East Coast, first encountering Florida this weekend before zipping up the rest of the Eastern Seaboard through the Mid-Atlantic and New England during the first-half of next week.
Tropical storm conditions could begin along the east coast of Florida as soon as Saturday as the storm makes a beeline northward on a menacing path along the coast.
“There is a risk of impacts from winds, heavy rainfall, and storm surge late this weekend from the northeastern Florida coast and spreading northward along the remainder of the U.S. east coast through early next week,” wrote the National Hurricane Center.
The European model run on Friday morning simulates the probability of tropical storm force conditions associated with Isaias. (WeatherBell)
Aquarius residents with no Impact Windows should make sure their protection is fully functional. Storm Shutters are known to present problems when needed. Now would be a good time to verify if they close properly in case of wind speed increase. Units with Impact Windows also could benefit to verify all opening close securely.
The Management Office of Aquarius issued 3 documents of great relevance for Storm Preparation. It is a great time to review them
The beach of Hollywood is OPEN
From the City of Hollywood web site
City News Updates
Posted on: May 26, 2020
Beaches in Broward County Reopening Tuesday, May 26
Hollywood Beach Limited Reopening.
All beaches in Broward County are permitted to open as of 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday, May 26th per Broward County Emergency Order 20-13.
All persons utilizing the beaches in Broward must comply with the requirements listed in the guidelines below. Failure to comply with the requirements may result in penalties (civil or criminal) for violators and require beaches in Broward County be re-closed.
BEACHES IN BROWARD COUNTY LIMITED REOPENING GUIDELINES
All beaches in Broward County may reopen for limited ocean activities (such as surfing, swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, body surfing) as well as limited active recreation and exercise (such as walking, running, biking).
Beach Restrictions Per Broward County EO 20-13:
- Beach hours shall be limited to between sunrise and sunset.
- No picnicking, sunbathing, sitting, or lying on the beach.
- No umbrellas, canopies, chairs, loungers, or coolers allowed.
- No group or organized sports including, but not limited to, volleyball, soccer, or football.
- No group gathering or events of more than ten (10) individuals.
- Individuals must maintain a minimum six feet of physical distance from others at all times, except between members of the same household or group.
- Municipalities shall have the ability to enact more stringent requirements than set forth herein, and, as with all other aspects of this Emergency Order, municipalities are authorized to enforce the requirements of this Emergency Order.
André Rieu with Melissa Venema play TAPS – Il Silenzio with the background of the Alps near Munich
Hollywood Reopens some Parks May 6
Frank De Risi
Father and Son. Cat Steven Lockdown Parody
Original song Father and Son by Cat Stevens with lyrics.
Posted in Amenities, News from Around and Beyond
Tagged 2020, City of Hollywood, covid19, facilities, guidelines, Hollywood, recreational, reopening, restricitions, stay-at-home
Aquarius Swimming Pools open Friday May 1st., 2020
Now it is official. Aquarius pools open May 1st.. Check out the safety rules imposed by the Board in this message from the Aquarius C.A. Manager:
As we prepare for the soft reopening of our pool, I want to emphasize some very important items;
Aquarius Condominium has been fortunate to have zero cases reported. We are one of the few buildings on the strip with no cases reported by any resident or staff! This is due to the enforcement by staff and your cooperation in following all the rules and restrictions we have set in place! We would like to continue this path; therefore, it is extremely important that we double our efforts and take all the precautions necessary and continue cooperating.
Broward County has issued an Emergency Order allowing the reopening of pools in condominium buildings! They have outlined strict guidelines and have left the enforcement responsibilities on the individual Boards as all buildings are different.
The Board of Aquarius will be reopening our pools on Friday May 1, 2020 and will be implementing the rules on the Order, and adding some additional regulations to make sure we err on the side of caution.
Section 1 of Order 20-80 states that we are to continue adhering to ALL CDC guidelines. While the staff will make sure that we are fully compliance, it is also your responsibility to make sure you are also adhering to those guidelines.
The Board, Management, and All The Staff will take every measure to ensure our facility is clean, safe, and enjoyable. Please keep in mind that using the pool and pool deck is at your own risk.
That Being said here are a few reminders;
- People 65 years and older and people with serious underlying medical conditions should take special precautions because they are at higher risk of developing severe COVID-19 illness.
- All persons whose point of departure originates from outside the State of Florida, in an area with substantial community spread, to include New York Tri-State area (Connecticut, New Jersey and New York), and entering the State of Florida through airports, to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the state of Florida of the duration of that persons presence in the State of Florida, whichever is shorter”.
- Facial coverings are to be worn at all times.
- All common areas remain closed.
- All Social Distancing Mandates are still in effect.
- All restrictions, policies, and any precautions previously put in place are still in effect.
COVID-19 Pool Rules and Precautions
The Board reserves the right to close the deck if the rules listed below are not observed!
- There will be one attendant stationed on each pool deck to set up your chair and enforce all rules between the hours of 9am -5pm. **Please note Section 8 of Order 20-80 Which states Browards County Sheriff’s office and Municipal law Enforcement agencies are authorized to enforce the order and we will utilize them if anyone jepordizes the safety of Aquarius. **
- There will be a Rover on both pool decks to enforce all exercising rules between the hours of 7am-9:30am and 4pm-7:30pm.
- No more than six individuals will be allowed in the pools at any given time.
- The Pool Deck and Pool will be open for exercise only (swimming or walking) between the hours of 7:00am and 9:30am and 4:00pm-7:30pm. Those walking must observe social distancing and use facial coverings.
- Pool Deck and Pool will be open for recreational activities during the hours of 10am-4:00pm
- Pool and Pool Deck are strictly for permanent residents only. Under no circumstances will guests be allowed even if they are pre-registered guests.
- Only gray wrists bands will be allowed on decks.
- Any persons wishing to utilize our chairs or chaises must give the attendant their ID in order to have the chairs set up and must retrieve their ID upon leaving to ensure we keep track of when you are done and we can sanitize the chair or chaise.
- To allow for maximum use by all our residents, the use of the deck will be restricted to two hours per person.
- Absolutely no congregating in any area of the deck.
- Absolutely no congregating on the East railing facing the beach.
- Towels must be used on chairs and chaises at all times.
- Pavilion will be closed.
- No food will be permitted on the deck.
- Absolutely no access to the beach from our deck.
- Absolutely no walking around the deck during recreational use hours unless its to your seating area or the pool.
- Face coverings must be kept on at all times unless you are sitting on your chair or chaise or in the pool.
- The pool attendant will be wiping down and storing all furniture after each use. It is strongly recommended you take your own precautions as well.
- If the pool deck is full, there will be a waiting list and you will be called once a spot has opened.
- Absolutely no reservations or holding chairs or chaises; chairs or chaises unoccupied for longer than 15 minutes will be disinfected and stored. With the exception of those swimming, please be kind and monitor your time so that everyone can enjoy the facilities.
- Chairs and chaises will be placed approximately 7-8 feet apart. Under no circumstance are the chairs and chaises to be moved. Special accommodations will be made to those living in the same unit, no more that 2-3 persons per unit permitted at one time. All must have a gray wrist band!
- Bathrooms will be opened and cleaned continuously. Please take your own precautions as well.
- Any unit owner violating the rules and refusing to cooperate will be asked to leave. If it becomes a continuous occurrence, we will suspend pool use rights and call authorities if we must.
I understand some of these rules seem invasive and inconvenient and I personally apologize; however, I truly hope you understand that as we slowly open things back up, we are trying to take as many precautions as necessary to ensure everyone’s safety, both residents and staff.
As you know this new normal is changing every day; therefore, we all have to adapt as circumstances change. The rules listed may be modified as we navigate these uncharted waters.
He can do it! Why not you?