Aquarius Swimming Pools open Friday May 1st., 2020
Now it is official. Aquarius pools open May 1st.. Check out the safety rules imposed by the Board in this message from the Aquarius C.A. Manager:
As we prepare for the soft reopening of our pool, I want to emphasize some very important items;
Aquarius Condominium has been fortunate to have zero cases reported. We are one of the few buildings on the strip with no cases reported by any resident or staff! This is due to the enforcement by staff and your cooperation in following all the rules and restrictions we have set in place! We would like to continue this path; therefore, it is extremely important that we double our efforts and take all the precautions necessary and continue cooperating.
Broward County has issued an Emergency Order allowing the reopening of pools in condominium buildings! They have outlined strict guidelines and have left the enforcement responsibilities on the individual Boards as all buildings are different.
The Board of Aquarius will be reopening our pools on Friday May 1, 2020 and will be implementing the rules on the Order, and adding some additional regulations to make sure we err on the side of caution.
Section 1 of Order 20-80 states that we are to continue adhering to ALL CDC guidelines. While the staff will make sure that we are fully compliance, it is also your responsibility to make sure you are also adhering to those guidelines.
The Board, Management, and All The Staff will take every measure to ensure our facility is clean, safe, and enjoyable. Please keep in mind that using the pool and pool deck is at your own risk.
That Being said here are a few reminders;
- People 65 years and older and people with serious underlying medical conditions should take special precautions because they are at higher risk of developing severe COVID-19 illness.
- All persons whose point of departure originates from outside the State of Florida, in an area with substantial community spread, to include New York Tri-State area (Connecticut, New Jersey and New York), and entering the State of Florida through airports, to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the state of Florida of the duration of that persons presence in the State of Florida, whichever is shorter”.
- Facial coverings are to be worn at all times.
- All common areas remain closed.
- All Social Distancing Mandates are still in effect.
- All restrictions, policies, and any precautions previously put in place are still in effect.
COVID-19 Pool Rules and Precautions
The Board reserves the right to close the deck if the rules listed below are not observed!
- There will be one attendant stationed on each pool deck to set up your chair and enforce all rules between the hours of 9am -5pm. **Please note Section 8 of Order 20-80 Which states Browards County Sheriff’s office and Municipal law Enforcement agencies are authorized to enforce the order and we will utilize them if anyone jepordizes the safety of Aquarius. **
- There will be a Rover on both pool decks to enforce all exercising rules between the hours of 7am-9:30am and 4pm-7:30pm.
- No more than six individuals will be allowed in the pools at any given time.
- The Pool Deck and Pool will be open for exercise only (swimming or walking) between the hours of 7:00am and 9:30am and 4:00pm-7:30pm. Those walking must observe social distancing and use facial coverings.
- Pool Deck and Pool will be open for recreational activities during the hours of 10am-4:00pm
- Pool and Pool Deck are strictly for permanent residents only. Under no circumstances will guests be allowed even if they are pre-registered guests.
- Only gray wrists bands will be allowed on decks.
- Any persons wishing to utilize our chairs or chaises must give the attendant their ID in order to have the chairs set up and must retrieve their ID upon leaving to ensure we keep track of when you are done and we can sanitize the chair or chaise.
- To allow for maximum use by all our residents, the use of the deck will be restricted to two hours per person.
- Absolutely no congregating in any area of the deck.
- Absolutely no congregating on the East railing facing the beach.
- Towels must be used on chairs and chaises at all times.
- Pavilion will be closed.
- No food will be permitted on the deck.
- Absolutely no access to the beach from our deck.
- Absolutely no walking around the deck during recreational use hours unless its to your seating area or the pool.
- Face coverings must be kept on at all times unless you are sitting on your chair or chaise or in the pool.
- The pool attendant will be wiping down and storing all furniture after each use. It is strongly recommended you take your own precautions as well.
- If the pool deck is full, there will be a waiting list and you will be called once a spot has opened.
- Absolutely no reservations or holding chairs or chaises; chairs or chaises unoccupied for longer than 15 minutes will be disinfected and stored. With the exception of those swimming, please be kind and monitor your time so that everyone can enjoy the facilities.
- Chairs and chaises will be placed approximately 7-8 feet apart. Under no circumstance are the chairs and chaises to be moved. Special accommodations will be made to those living in the same unit, no more that 2-3 persons per unit permitted at one time. All must have a gray wrist band!
- Bathrooms will be opened and cleaned continuously. Please take your own precautions as well.
- Any unit owner violating the rules and refusing to cooperate will be asked to leave. If it becomes a continuous occurrence, we will suspend pool use rights and call authorities if we must.
I understand some of these rules seem invasive and inconvenient and I personally apologize; however, I truly hope you understand that as we slowly open things back up, we are trying to take as many precautions as necessary to ensure everyone’s safety, both residents and staff.
As you know this new normal is changing every day; therefore, we all have to adapt as circumstances change. The rules listed may be modified as we navigate these uncharted waters.
He can do it! Why not you?