With Bhagwan (Buck) Gupta, Linda Satz, and Sofia Ferenburg present the meeting was called to order at 6:33 p.m. Cecílio Berndsen came to the meeting but was seated in the audience at 6:22 p.m. Victor Rocha did not attend this meeting.
Linda Satz made a motion to approve the minutes. Sofia Ferenburg seconded the motion. It was passed unanimously.
President mentioned 15 items as part of his report:
1) Valet parking and lobby opened April 4th 2016;
2) Gym roof placement. This project is out for Bid. We should have cost next week as well as the mechanical equipment replacement;
3) Plans and specifications being developed for renovation to men and women’s bathrooms;
4) Repairs to North Gate have been authorized. The operation will be controlled by the security desk; in the lobby;
5) Pool service company has been changed and a contract needs to be ratified;
6) A landscaping company has been contracted to take care of all the plants on East and West decks as well as valet area;
7) All doors to utilize Galaxy system has been authorized for North Tower;
8) Board needs to vote for a similar installation for South Tower;
9) A proposal to secure Vertlinc software was approved on April 5th. Personnel involved in implementation are coordinating their efforts at this time;
10) An engagement letter to retain current Auditors for 2015 fiscal year needs to be authorized and signed by the Board. The Board plans to engage new auditors for 2016;
11) Proposal to raise charges for valet fee. Currently it is 2/4. The Board approved new fees 5/10 effective June 1, 2016;
12) Board is negotiating with firms being considered for 40 year certification; 1 Hillman, 2 M2E, 3 S& D Engineering;
13) 10 security cameras original count are being installed at this time. Additional 23+ cameras are awaiting a cost proposal for installation to be presented to Board.
14) Sound system for lobby and adjoining rooms is being implemented;
15) Lights at the entrance and exiting the ramps are being installed.
- Topics Discussed
- Parking- Regional Manager -Billy explained the process; New Building Access and Parking Rules click HERE
- Furniture for the lobby has been ordered;
- Billiard Room A/C unit replaced. Carpet has been installed.
- Phase 1.5 $3,070.00 10 cameras
- Board ratified following contracts:
- Repair North Gate entrance Security Gate/Receiving;
- Approved termination of Miami Pool Tech and All About Pools new vendor opportunity;
- Amendment to Pineda Landscaping contract;
- Adoption to secure Vertilinc Integration software;
- Approved the installation of Galaxy Access software.
- Decision approving choice of Auditor for fiscal year of 2015 which is Krblich.
The President of the Board decided- Parking space list that has been generated. It will be considered official on April 28, 2016;
Motion: Secretary of the Board approved the parking fee to $5.00 for daytime and $10.00 for overnight. Sofia seconded this motion. Two chits for $2.00. One sticker in the day is needed and 2 stickers are needed for the night. This change of increase Will start June 1, 2016.
Regional Manager’s Report
- Financials were reported
- Reported that operations documents from the entire project is in the office.
- Handicap signs/Valet signs are going to come down;
- Leak at the fountain will be addressed/ grates will be addressed at West pool desk to be addressed;
- Awning over the handicap ramps (Possible);
- CSI Company does not want to move ﬂag pole. CSI says they will need a Permit to remove the pole and replace with the correct size of the pole.
- Discussion was had about the pool attendant service and management was requested to look into new pool & beach services.
Motion to Adjourn: proposed by Linda Satz, carried.
Meeting adjourned 8:49 pm