Public Access Suspended
City of Hollywood: Public Access Suspended
Indoor Public Access Suspended at City Facilities Effective Monday, August 23rd
In-Person Option Remains to Speak at
City Commission/CRA Meeting
In light of the spike in COVID-19 positive cases in South Florida and the elevated risk to public health, all City facilities, including City Hall and Community Centers, will be closed to the general public for indoor activities and recreation effective Monday, August 23, 2021.
The closure will remain in effect until further notice.
Customers are encouraged to use the many services offered online.
For more detailed information on how the different city facilities will be impacted see the full information below .
Source: City website
Outdoor recreation facilities such as Driftwood Community Swimming Pool, Parks, Marina, Sports Fields, Playgrounds, Golf Courses, Tennis and Pickleball Courts, Skate Parks, and the ArtsPark at Young Circle remain open and outdoor events like the ArtsPark Friday Night Movie will continue. The indoor art studios at the ArtsPark Gallery will be closed. All Community Centers will be closed and no inside activities will take place, with the exception of School Aftercare and Barry University Programs.
City Commission/CRA Meetings:
A number of options remain for members of the public to view and participate in the City Commission and Community Redevelopment Meetings, including an in-person option for those wishing to speak.
Watch the Meeting:
- City’s website: https://www.hollywoodfl.org/WatchMeeting
- Comcast Channel 78
- ATT U-Verse Channel 99
- Watching the meeting in-person is currently not an option for the general public
Submit a Public Comment:
Any member of the public wishing to comment on any matter, including specific agenda items and/or Citizens Comments may do so by submitting a comment via the City’s website. Those requiring additional assistance by call the Office of the City Clerk at 954.921.3211 during normal business hours. Comments will be read into the record, as time permits. All comments received during the submission period will become part of the public record.
In-Person Public Comment Registration:
Those wishing to make public comments in-person must register their attendance in advance via the City’s website. General public admission into City Hall will be granted only to those individuals who have pre-registered to speak. Everyone entering City Hall must pass through a temperature checkpoint prior to admittance, no exceptions. Once an individual is called, they will be invited into the Chambers to speak for three minutes. Once finished, individuals will be required to leave City Hall, unless commenting on multiple items. If commenting on multiple items, individuals will go to a designated waiting area until they are called again. Masks covering your nose and mouth are required at all time, and individuals must remain socially distanced from others while waiting to enter the Chambers.
- Links to submit public comment are posted to the City’s main website, www.HollywoodFL.org by close of business on the Thursday prior to a meeting.
- Comments are limited to 400 words and/or 3 minute spoken maximum.
- Comments left on voicemail machines, emailed, posted to the City’s social media accounts or submitted after 6:00 p.m. on the day before a meeting will not be accepted.
For additional information, please call the appropriate City Department listed below:
- Mayor and City Commissioners: 954.921.3321
- City Attorney’s Office: 954.921.3435
- City Clerk: 954.921.3211
- City Manager’s Office: 954.921.3201
- Community Redevelopment Agency: 954.924.2980
- Budget & Performance Management: 954.921.3206
- Development Services: 954.921.3471
- Code Compliance: 954.921.3061
- Design & Construction Management: 954.921.3410
- Emergency Management: 954.921.3053
- Financial Services: 954.921.3234
- Procurement Services: 954.921.3221
- Treasury: 954.921.3232
- General Accounting: 954.921.3228
- Fire Rescue and Beach Safety: 954.967.4248
- Fire Inspectors: 954.967.4404
- Fire Investigation Reports: 954.967.4404
- Human Resources: 954.921.3216
- Labor Relations: 954.921.3519
- Information Technology: 954.921.3479
- Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts: 954.921.3404
- Police Department –Non Emergency: 954.764.HELP (4357)
- Office of the Chief: 954.967.4300
- Police Information Desk: 954.967.4636
- Communications, Marketing & Economic Development: 954.921.3620
- Public Utilities: 954.967.4455
- Reconnect Water Service (Weekdays): 954.921.3938
- Report Emergency Leaks: 954.967.4357
- Public Works: 954.967.4526
- Garbage/Recycling Services: 954.967.4200
This alert is a courtesy of Frank Rise, Hollywood Beach Civic Association President
Is this funny or is this serious? You decide⇓