Storm Warning: Aquarius in the watch area
November 7, 2020, 5:30 pm
National Weather Service
November 7, 5:00 pm
…TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT…
…HURRICANE WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT…
* LOCATIONS AFFECTED
– Fort Lauderdale
– Hallandale Beach
– Pompano Beach
– Deerfield Beach (how come they forgot Hollywood and Dania?)
– LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Equivalent Tropical Storm force wind
– Peak Wind Forecast: 40-50 mph with gusts to 60 mph
– Window for Tropical Storm force winds: Sunday evening until
– THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY THAT INCLUDES TYPICAL FORECAST
UNCERTAINTY IN TRACK, SIZE AND INTENSITY: Potential for wind 74
to 110 mph
– The wind threat has increased from the previous assessment.
– PLAN: Plan for life-threatening wind of equivalent CAT 1 or
2 hurricane force.
– PREPARE: Remaining efforts to protect life and property
should be urgently completed. Prepare for considerable wind
– ACT: Move to safe shelter before the wind becomes hazardous.
– POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Extensive
– Considerable roof damage to sturdy buildings, with some
having window, door, and garage door failures leading to
structural damage. Mobile homes severely damaged, with some
destroyed. Damage accentuated by airborne projectiles.
Locations may be uninhabitable for weeks.
Aquarius Residents are strongly advised to keep careful watch until Monday November 9.
Please remove all furniture from balconies
If you have storm windows (impact windows) make sure they are securely closed.
If you have the storm shutters (do you still have those?) they must be closed and locked. It may hard to do but it necessary!
If you are not in the area ask a neighbor to check your apartment. Winds may be of more than 40 miles per hour.
Funny but serious
Bill Maher: No president can unite us. We have to unite ourselves.
C’est un petit pas…