Candidate for the Board of Directors
I bought my apartment in July of 2013 and have been permanently living in Florida since then.
I have received my Master Degree in Broad-Band Multi-channel Communications Systems and have had more than 40 years experience in various aspects of telecommunications and industrial electronics.
I have also received my Financial Degree as General Securities Registered Representative (RR).
I was a Top Senior Engineer representing Motorola. Based on my strong skills and management experience, I was elected to Chair the biggest in the world (3GPP) Telecommunications Forums for eleven consequent years
(I was reelected 5 times). My goal, as a Chairman, was to achieve full consensus on every decision made by the Forum represented by 400+ companies such as Samsung, Nokia, Erickson, Apple, etc.
As the PRESIDENT OF AQUARIUS BOARD OF DIRECTORS for the last five months, I would like to express my gratitude to:
- Every Aquarius Board member for successfully working together
- Construction, Beautification, Social and Information committees for their professionalism and hard work
- Every unit owner for all help and support in achieving our goals.
Together we have done the following:
1) Have Renegotiated the Line-of-credit for much better conditions, such as:
- a) $130,000 down payment instead of $200,000
- b) $10,000 withdrawal minimum, instead of $50,000
2) Have reduced the delinquency amount from $551,000 to $391,000
3) Have implemented, as alternative, repayment of two remaining second assessment payments ($1,500,000) in 10-month period
4) Have reduced the budget deficit from $78,000 to $9,000
5) Have engaged a forensic auditing company to clarify “trump” money spending for years (2009-2012) (without increase the budget legal fees).
6) Proposed 2016 Budget without maintenance fee increase for year 2016
1) Have completed restoration of the West Pool
2) Have completed the Aquarius Gym restoration
3) Have completed renovation of the Aquarius Restaurant (Etna)
4) Have signed the contract for A/C system replacement
5) Have installed four new doors for the North and South building entrances
1) Have hired a professional security company without cost increase
2) Have engaged a professional management company (Atlantic/Pacific) which significantly improved the management performance and saved the association a lot of money
3) Have conducted monthly association meetings to improve communication and provide information
1) Valet area restoration completion
2) Lobby restoration completion
3) Security cameras installation completion.
4) Sound/video/conference system installation.
I believe that my hard work and experience in negotiations, problems solving and proper communication with the Board, membership, and vendors would be a valuable asset for the newly elected Aquarius Board.